Tuesday, February 10, 2009

10 Things I Am Thankful For Today

My son Steve has been sick with high temp off and on for the past week. The doc pronounced him with a bacterial infection that's tagging along with a viral infection. Dad is away (in Vegas - he tells me it's all work!) which is just as well because it allows me to stay in our big comfy bed with Steven. After two sleepless nights in a row, we now have our days and nights reversed! So, as I willed myself to sleep at 3:00 am this morning, I made a mental list of all the things I am thankful for. I've narrowed it to the Top 10. (Most of it is boring stuff...like, new socks....either his temp rubbed off onto me or I'd become delirious from lack of sleep.) Here goes...

  1. Antibiotics
  2. Access to good medical care
  3. My big comfy bed
  4. The T.V. remote control
  5. Kind, understanding teachers
  6. Alton Brown for inspiring me in the kitchen (I learned a new way to make Buffalo Wings - son Jamie's favorite - at 2 am this morning)
  7. Radiation and evaporation - our snow is almost gone!
  8. Music
  9. Steven's sense of humor at 4 am - the antibiotics must have kicked in - yea!
  10. New socks (I bumped them up the list, I really need knew ones and am going to treat myself soon)

So, what are YOU thankful for today?

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin