Friday, February 6, 2009

I just know Spring is around the corner

This winter in northwest Indiana, we have been pelted with one snow storm after another. My city has been the repeated target of lake effect snow from the pond north of us called Lake Michigan. This is when cold air rushes over the lake, picks up warmer water, and travels until it dumps it on you. You never know exactly how much you are going to get or who the intended target is until it happens. (I heard one TV announcer refer to it as "lake enhancement". Does that mean Lake Michigan is now enhanced with less water? Or that our landscape is now enhanced with the water of LM all over it? I don't get it.) On Wednesday they predicted 18" of "enhancement", we got 25"! It truly was an amazing sight around my house and luckily I didn't have to go out. Our wonderful neighbor and his trusty snow blower helped my husband and his shovel dig out our driveway. It's times like these that you know who your friends are! Some days I get mired down in dreading yet another snow storm and complaining about the cold. But most days I enjoy going out in the crisp, cold air, knowing that I am breathing more deeply and enriching my body with more oxygen. I also realize that it helps me look forward to a very sweet Spring ahead! How has Old Man Winter been treating you in your neck of the woods?

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin